Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Greetings...

Well, this is new. For someone who has been online in one form or another for almost 20 years, it's a little embarrassing to admit this is my first foray into the blogosphere. Please bear with me as I start to explore this medium.

I considered focusing on a niche that might be useful to someone somewhere, but alas, I no longer have a niche. Once upon a time I used to be fairly well-versed in and reasonably good at computer games, particularly turn-based computer role-playing games and graphic adventures. I sysoped in several gaming forums on CompuServe back in the day (1993ish to 1998ish), beta tested commercial game software and wrote reviews, walkthrus and hint files in my spare time which I had a lot more of than I do now. Oh to be young, able to stay up all night playing, then haul oneself to work in the morning, get home after a 10+ hour work day (at something about as far removed from computer games as you could imagine) and do it all over again.

I pretty much stopped playing with any degree of intensity in the mid-1990s, although I went through a World of Warcraft phase for about a year until my home network died suddenly one day last October and my desktop started to sound like a lawnmower. My main character, a Tauren shaman named Unchychunch, was about level 65 at the time and just starting to get really interesting. It's emblematic of what my time is like now that I haven't solved the network or the computer problem yet. The hours on support calls that appear necessary just aren't going to happen any time soon.

Popping in here from time to time may happen once in a while. I don't know what I'll write about yet. Not having a niche is kind of nice, though.

**Morgana**

No comments: